Customer Spot Light - Cliff Barber Shop
It's very rare to meet someone that is always uplifting, encouraging, giving, motivating and kind. I would like you to meet one of our favorite customers. His name is Troy and he is awesome!
Here is his interview
- What makes you happy?
Learning to serve Christ in the way he sees fit for me. I ask for the Holy Spirit to guide me everyday and to glorify God with my words and actions.
- What do you see when you meet someone new for the first time?
A chance to connect to someone who may become a dear friend.
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
Growing up in a very rural place, my mother brought home a watermelon and took us swimming at the local swimming hole.
- What suggestions would you give someone that is having a hard time being positive?
Look for the small blessings that we tend to miss in everyday life. Hold a door open for someone, say thank you and mean it. Everyday may not be going your way but a positive attitude will yield results where a pessimistic attitude wont.
- What suggestions would you give someone that is having a hard time being happy?
I can’t stress enough, don’t overlook the blessings in front of you. Enough has become a word in our vocabulary that is used wrong. If we do not hear words like excel or continual praise we feel like a failure. Jesus crucifixion was enough to save us, and to give us a loving relationship with God. We have that precious gift that means everything. True happiness for me is realizing that its not all about me.
- What is your favorite time of day?
I just retired this past year so morning is my favorite time. I know that I will get blessed somewhere along the course of the day.
- Have you ever picked up a hitchhiker? If so elaborate.
Yes, I used to walk everywhere I went as a child and I used to give folks a ride when I saw them. After picking up a couple of drunk or drug addled people I stopped picking up people.
- If you could view the sunset from anywhere in the world tonight where would it be? Anywhere my wife is with me.
- Do you watch the news? Yes, I watch local, national, and read CNN everyday.